Grammy and Pappy

Grammy and Pappy
Would Love A Comment When You Read Me

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy in Loomis, CA


The Cutest Kids in Loomis







Arrived early this morning, Chris picked me up at the airport, she is the other girl's grandma. Chris gave me the low-down of what to expect and what is needed, then she drove home to Hollister, CA, about a two plus hour drive. Such a good grandma.

The children have returned from school, freshened up and gone to a birthday party of a friend. I am with my one and last Carter child, she is too young to attend or you can be sure, she would be there in the thick of thin things.

Leaving Las Vegas in the 80's, I was prepared to find Loomis equally warm, so wore light weight clothes, in which I shivered on the plane. When I walked out the doors of the airport to the chill of Sacramento's winds, I felt sorry for myself, that I had brought nothing to wear to stay warm. brrr!

The house was colder inside than the outside air, I quickly lighted the fireplace, which is still goin' 3hrs later, wait till I have to explain the gas bill to Ian, maybe it won't come up until I am gone! Cross my fingers! Cold and I are not good bed fellows, so to speak. What can they say to a loving grammy, who cares for their most precious possesssions, eh? Ian, turn up the heat!

Camden, Quincee, Taitum and Sutton welcomed me warmly. Can I add this little post note and be understood? I just think it is so cute. Taite said, as she hugged me, "I like the smell of grammy." Now wasn't that worth being here to hear? oh yeah!

Three more very busy days of driving kids to school, to choir and gymnastics, to friend's play dates etc., and the tired travelers will return home, from their exciting tour of Italy. I think Ian was right when he said, "we will need a vacation from our vacation." What the hay, I thought this was going to be my vacation. Let's get our priorities straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment